Top Benefits of Residential Window Tinting in Salt Lake City, Utah
Residential window tinting can be a very cost-effective way to reduce energy, minimize glare, protect your furnishings and increase the security of your home. The best part is that this film can typically be done as a retrofit to your existing windows with very little disruption to your home.
Top Benefits of Residential Window Tinting
- CUT YOUR HOME COOLING COSTS UP TO 50% - According to the EPA Energy Star Buildings Manual in the United States, approximately half of a home’s utility bills are wasted by loss of heat and heat gain through untreated windows. Home window tinting can significantly improve energy efficiency. With a thin, virtually invisible addition to your home’s existing windows, window films can help you save up to 50% on cooling costs.
- REDUCE HEAT AND GLARE - Open your blinds, shades, or draperies and let the sunlight in. In addition to blocking heat, home window tint reduces glare by up to 87%, making it easier for you to watch television or work on a computer in the comfort of your home. Because home window films are made with ultra-clear, distortion-free materials, you won’t even know it’s there.
- LESSEN THE EFFECTS OF HARMFUL UV RAYS - Most fabrics, furnishings and artwork can fade simply by allowing daylight to pass through an untreated window. Home window tinting will block up to 99.9% of all UVA and UVB rays, helping to protect your family and preserve the color of your furnishings, fabrics and carpets.
- CORRECTS TEMPERATURE IMBALANCES - Window films can help eliminate hot and cold spots within your home by using film that reduces heat gain coming through the glass in hot areas. This will create a more balanced temperature across the space and reduce the load on your air conditioning system.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME AND FAMILY - Glass can be a real hazard in the home when broken from accidents, storms, or break-ins. Safeguard your family and your property with home safety window films. This transparent but powerful barrier helps hold glass in place should an impact occur, help keep an intruder out and help defend you against the unexpected.
- AFFORDABLE ALTERNATIVE TO REPLACEMENT WINDOWS - While damaged or deteriorating windows simply have to be replaced, home window tinting provides an affordable alternative to replacement when your goal is to improve energy efficiency. In fact, the cost for quick, professional installation is about one-tenth the cost of replacement windows!
We also found thus excerpt from an article written by Jessica Brown that appeared in How Stuff Works that discussed the top benefits of having your home windows tinted. "Curtains, furniture and even flooring can fall victim to the effects of the sun. One of the leading culprits in fading your valuables is ultraviolet light. To keep those home furnishings and decorations looking their best, a window film with a high percentage of ultraviolet light rejection would be a good choice. Many films can now block almost 99 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Ultraviolet light can not only fade your furniture, but too much of it can affect your health. Ultraviolet rays are the reason for sunburns and are also seen as one of the risk factors for cancer.
According to the Report on Carcinogens released by the Department of Health and Human Services, ultraviolet radiation is a known human carcinogen [source: National Institutes of Health]. For working to prevent sun-induced skin damage, several types of window film have even been given the Skin Cancer Foundation‘s Seal of Recommendation [source: The Skin Cancer Foundation]. Some window films offer another benefit in the area of safety: shatter resistance. The film’s shatter resistance comes from its ability to hold glass shards together and act as a barrier between the interior of the home and the glass. Along with the safety benefits, window tinting can also help to reduce the glare on your television when viewing the big game. The percentage of glare reduction is usually related to the visible light transmittance. The lower the amount of light transmitted through the film, the greater the glare reduction inside the home."
If you would like more information on the benefits of residential window tinting, Click HERE. If you have any questions, call us at (801) 810-TINT(8468) or fill out a form at HERE. We would be happy to arrange a free, no obligation consultation and discuss how you can implement a window film solution in your home.