In this article, we are going to primarily summarize the benefits as the only negative the article mentioned was the potential out of pocket cost up front. Other than that, home window tint and film provides a fairly substantial list of positives. The great thing about this home improvement is that in most cases window film can be installed directly on your existing windows with very little disruption to a household. So, without further delay, here are the pros of home window tint.
The Benefits of Home Window Tint and Film
- Reduce Excessive Heat or Eliminate Hot Spots: In general terms, sunlight generates heat, and utilizing tinted windows allows less sunlight in. The result is less heat entering the home through the windows. This can be used to cut heat in a room that has a south or west exposure and gets too hot during the day or in targeted areas to eliminate a hot spot in a very particular area of the house. The article quotes a HomeGuide claim that tinted windows can block as much as 85% of the heat generated by sunlight, which can mean a difference of as much as 15 degrees in the interior of the home. While the amount of heat reduced depends on the particular windows installed, home window film is an effective way to reduce heat from entering though the glass.
- Help Prevent Sun Damage: As the article states, “natural sunlight isn’t just hot, it can be damaging to the inside of your home“. Wood floors and furniture are especially vulnerable to long-term sun damage. This sun damage is caused primarily by a combination of UV rays, heat and natural light. Window films can reduce the combination of these three primary elements to help prolong the life of your furnishings.
- Lower Energy Costs: This goes hand in hand with reducing excessive heat. The goal is to maintain a comfortable environment in your home for the least amount of cost due to energy usage. The article explains that, “as sunlight heats the air in your home to an uncomfortable temperature, you probably use your air conditioning system to cool it. Reducing the sunlight in your home means you’ll run your air conditioner less, which can save you money on electricity.“
- Improved Privacy: The article states that, “tinted windows make it more difficult for people to see into your home, which can add to the feeling of privacy (and security) in your home, without the need to keep your shades drawn at all times“. While this is true of some window tint during the day, when it becomes dark outside others will be able to see in. That being said, there are specific window films that can be used to give you privacy both day and night.
- Cut Irritating Glare: Like a quality pair of sun glasses, window film can be used to cut irritating glare. The article says it this way, “tinted windows help eliminate glare caused by sunlight. As a personal example, I can’t use my home office after 3 p.m. without my blinds down. The glare is too intense for me to see my computer screens comfortably. Window tint can solve this sort of problem“.
- Add a Decorative Element: In addition to films that reduce the light transmission, some types of window film come in attractive textures, designs and patterns that can add both decorative and privacy elements to your home.
We hope that this summary of the article gave you some insight into all the great things these innovative home window tint and films can do. If you would like more information about the home window tinting films mentioned in the article, click HERE. If you have questions about our services, call us at 801-810-8468 or email us at email@example.com. We would be happy to provide a free, no obligation consultation and estimate of implementing a window film solution in your Orem, Utah home.