6 Reasons to Make Window Film Your Fall Home Improvement Project
There’s no doubt that Summer is now a distant memory. Kids are fully engaged back in school and the cooler temperatures have started to arrive. As many people prepare to spend more time indoors, they often consider doing some projects around the house. Fall is a great time to take on a home improvement project. We recently read an article in the Huffington Post by Sam Cohen titled “Build Superior Homes By Installing Window Films — Valid Reasons To Add Them To Your Windows“, and we thought it would be great to summarize the article here. It mentions some reasons window film is a great choice for a Fall home improvement project. Some of the reasons are from Sam, and we added with some of our own.
6 Reasons Window Film Should Be Your Next Home Improvement Project?
- Creates a Comfortable Environment: After window film is installed on your home, it can create a more comfortable environment by reducing both hot and cold areas of your home that are often associated with proximity to windows.
- Saves Energy: Window film can not only improve the appearance of your home, it can also play a huge role in saving on energy costs. Depending on what type of window you have and the film you choose, significant savings on your energy costs are possible.
- Protects Interior Furnishings from UV Damage: Window films can block 99% of the ultraviolet rays of the sun that enters your home. This is important because UV is the primary contributor to fading. As the window film blocks the UV rays, it also protects upholstery, furnishings, tapestries, paintings from discoloration and fading.
- Enhances Security and Safety: Window films can also help hold glass together in the event of breaking a window. Whether due to an attempted break-in, storm or an accident, the window film can act as a barrier to entry and protection from injury from glass shards.
- Reduces Glare: At this time of the year, the sun is lower in the sky and this often creates irritating glare and reflectivity issues that aren’t as prevalent in the Summer. Window film can help cut the glare reducing eye strain and allowing you to see things like television and computer screens more easily.
- Improves Your Existing Windows: Rather than deal with the disruption of replacing your windows, window film retrofits to your existing glass to upgrade their performance. Also, professional installation can be done quickly with minimal disruption to the daily activities in your home.
You can read the remainder of Sam’s article by clicking HERE
We hope that you found this brief list informative and that you might consider window film as your next home improvement project. If you would like to learn more about home window films, click HERE. If you have any questions, contact Shaded Glass today by calling 801-810-8468 or emailing us at email@example.com. We are located in Orem, Utah and service the surrounding suburbs.